Troy was born and raised in San Diego. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, Santa Cruz, earning a Bachelor of Arts in literature and a minor in legal studies. As an undergraduate student, he worked as a journalist for the City on a Hill Press, where he covered all of the teams on campus. As a senior, he also spent a semester abroad in London.
Troy received his J.D., magna cum laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, graduating fifth in his class. As a law student, he served as senior notes editor for the Thomas Jefferson Law Review, as well as a teaching and research assistant. In addition, Troy interned with the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, the San Diego County Public Defender's Office, and with several San Diego firms where he gained experience practicing in both transactional and litigation settings.
After beginning his career as a litigator, Troy transitioned in-house with a commercial real estate brokerage firm in Southern California, where his practice focused on complex commercial real estate transactions. Troy thrives on negotiating the best deal for his clients and drafting and reviewing complex agreements. He believes that clients should feel informed and educated regarding every facet of their case.
Troy is admitted to practice in the State of California, State of Nevada, Washington State, and before the federal courts of the Southern District of California. In his free time, Troy enjoys sailing, snowboarding, hiking, and spending time with his friends and family.
Troy is MOBO.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Construction Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Law Review: Thomas Jerfferson Law Review
University of California, Santa Cruz
- Major: Literature
- Minor: Legal Studies
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient - Torts, 2011
- Pro Bono Honors Award, 2013
- Thomas Jefferson Dean’s List, 2011 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Inns of Court – Louis M. Welsh Inn, Associate, 2015 - 2018
- San Diego Mesa College School of Business & Technology, Advisory Board Member, 2015 - 2018
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, 2011 - 2015
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
Past Employment Positions
- Hughes Marino, Inc., Associate Attorney, 2017 - 2018
- Spencer Johnson McCammon, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2015 - 2017
- Law Offices of Jason Black, Associate Attorney, 2014 - 2016
- Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara, Legal Intern, 2013
- The Watkins Firm, Legal Intern - Transactional, 2013
- Research Assistant, Professor Meera Deo, 2012 - 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Property Law, 2012
- San Diego Public Defender’s Office, Legal Intern, 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District Court, Judicial Extern, 2012
- Teaching Assistant, Torts, 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego