After spending her early years in Northern California and the Sierras, Jennifer Schaller relocated to Southern California where she earned her B.A. in Political Science at the University of California, Los Angeles. Eventually longing for the Northern California lifestyle, she returned to attend law school at Santa Clara University in the San Francisco Bay Area. Jennifer’s desire to spend more than just weekends in the Sierras caught up with her in 2009 when she decided to relocate and make Tahoe her new home.
Prior to joining MOBO in 2013, Jennifer worked as of counsel at the Law Offices of Yvette Durant, primarily focusing on family law, while also volunteering for the Community Legal Program of the Family Resource Center of Truckee – a free legal clinic primarily serving the low-income population of the greater Tahoe area. Jennifer then opened her own family law practice in Truckee where she remained for the next two years.
At MOBO, Jennifer concentrates her practice primarily in the areas of estate planning and trust administration. Additionally, Jennifer practices in the area of family law which is specifically limited to divorce mediation and premarital agreements. She assists clients throughout California and Nevada.
Jennifer serves as an officer and board member of Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City Downtown AssociationJennifer serves as an officer and board member of Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe and Tahoe City Downtown Association and is actively involved in both local organizations. Jennifer is also a member and past president of the Tahoe Truckee Bar Association and is an active member of the local Bar Association for Nevada County. Jennifer was formerly a consulting attorney at the Family Resource Center of Truckee-Community Legal Program.
In her free time, Jennifer tries to enjoy all that Tahoe has to offer, including hiking, mountain biking, skiing, and snowshoeing, as well as spending time with family, friends, and her dog, Henry.
Jennifer is MOBO.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Family Law (mediation and premarital agreements)
Bar & Court Admissions
Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa
University of California, Los Angeles
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tahoe Truckee Bar Association, Member, Past President (2013 - 2014)
- Nevada County Bar Association, Member
- Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe, Member
- North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Tahoe City Downtown Association, Member
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, 2020
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Yvette Durant, Of Counsel
- Law Office of Jennifer M. Schaller
- Family Resource Center of Truckee-Community Legal Program, Consulting Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Tahoe City Downtown Association, Board Member and Vice President
- Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe, Board Member and Secretary
- MOBO Foundation, Board Member