Skilled Representation for Homeowners and Contractors
The attorneys at MOBO Law are adept in construction and contract language in California and Nevada. Our clients appreciate the fact that we aim to make complicated construction law matters easy. While we typically start from a point of negotiation, you can rest easy knowing that if litigation is the best strategy, you can stay with the same firm. Our team is ready for both scenarios.
For all of your legal needs in construction law, rely on the attorneys at MOBO Law.
A look at some of the work we do in this area:
- Construction Contract Preparation, Negotiation, & Review — Our firm represents both homeowners and contractors to prevent the headaches of hidden costs, fights over scope of work, and payment problems. With precise, clear language, we prepare contracts that will direct and clarify matters should conflict develop. Our third-party review ensures you have someone looking out for your best interest in construction, as well as real estate matters.
- Defects & Disputes — New construction or just discovered problems? Our attorneys fight to see homeowners compensated for the problem. We have argued both sides of these disputes, so you will have an attorney who knows what to expect and be ready to defend you against overzealous plaintiffs' attorneys.
- Education — We believe in the empowerment of education. Our firm conducts seminars for construction contractors on need-to-know laws in California and Nevada to protect their businesses. We offer a packet of essential and convenient contracts and instruction on proper use, ready and available when you need them.
- Licensure Issues — Our attorneys will assist in navigating through problems with a required contractor license and determine solutions.
- Liens — If a homeowner fails to pay you for work completed, contractors may have the option of filing a property lien. To recover the debt, the lien is a claim to the homeowner's property. You need an attorney's guidance to determine whether you have a valid claim. Call us — we can help.
Locations in California & Nevada to Serve You
Our firm began in Truckee, California, and has expanded to include offices Truckee, Sacramento, Reno, Zephyr Cove/South Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City and Las Vegas to meet the demand for our services. Send us an e-mail or call 530-214-8700, 916-447-0529, 775-624-9480 or 702-659-9488 to set up a meeting and see firsthand why clients hold our lawyers in high regard.